Friday, May 15, 2009

Devout



Zarre Zarre mein uska noor hai,
Jhaank khudme, woh na tujh se door hai,
Ishq hai uss se, toh sab se ishq kar,
Is ibadat ka yeh hi dastoor hai.
I m sure that in Mumbai itself one would be able to witness this site on innumerable occasions let alone in the entire Country. Every road, by lane, a small alley would have at least one effigy of God decorated with its very basic and subtle intricacies. Personally, to me it epitomizes empyrean faith. A Faith that keeps us going and a faith that would live in us forever.
Now, the inelligentsia may argue against such manifestations in its existing form citing infrastructure as one of the causes. And while I don't entirely disagree with them, but I certainly would not desert the layman's pysche on this issue as well. Its not that I m against the concept of development, but from the layman's perspective one needs to keep in mind their perspectives as well and as such, their viewpoint should not entirely be discarded. As far as the photograph is concerned, I m in love with it.

No comments: